RE: [Xen-users] Re: malicious paravirtualized guests: security andisolat

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 13:21 +1100, James Harper wrote:

> Is there a limit on the amount of data you can write to the xenstore?
> Overflowing some limit in xenstore could be one method of causing a
> crash.

That's funny, I was just trying to find where these were set when
xenstored is started:

 --entry-nb <nb>     limit the number of entries per domain,
 --entry-size <size> limit the size of entry per domain, and
 --entry-watch <nb>  limit the number of watches per domain,
 --transaction <nb>  limit the number of transaction allowed per domain,

So if the number of entries per domain (plus size per entry) can be
limited .. it seems that at least --entry-size is not being enforced?

If it were, the only way to overflow the store would be from dom-0,
creating infinite domain entries @ xx bytes each until it exploded.

Argh, I wish I was better with Python.

Cheers,
--Tim