Fw: Re: [Xen-users] What packages ubuntu-xen-server & ubuntu-xen-desktop

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fw: Re: [Xen-users] What packages ubuntu-xen-server & ubuntu-xen-desktop are up to on intrepid
From: Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 06:17:37 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 06:18:19 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have installed Ubuntu Intrepid Server on bare metal and successfully ran:-

# apt-get install ubuntu-xen-server.

    It installed several packages on system . Now i can see files
/boot/xen-3.3.gz, /etc/init.d/xend, /etc/init.d/xendomains, but no
xenified kernel gets in. Attempt  to use vmlinuz-2.6.27-7-server, obviously , fails with system panic.
   I do remember recompiling  procedure for Xen 3.2.1 hypervisor on CentOS 5.2 . New xen.gz kept working with old CentOS 5.2 xenified kernel:-

http://grantmcwilliams.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=204:recompile-xen-321-for-centos-5&catid=97:xen-howtos&Itemid=379

It was based on :-
rpm -i http://bits.xensource.com/oss-xen/release/3.2.0/centos-5.1/xen-3.2.0-0xs.centos5.src.rpm

   Actually , review by Grant MacWilliams :-

http://grantmcwilliams.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=229:install-xen-33-x8664-on-centos-5-the-easy-way&catid=97:xen-howtos&Itemid=379

also put in work xen-3.3.gz with old xenified kernel from RH repositories.
This port i have been using many times with minor vncviewer's issues.

I wonder would it be able to backport this package from Intrepid to Hardy ?