Re: [Xen-users] domU, 2 ethX, iscsi, vlan...

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] domU, 2 ethX, iscsi, vlan...
From: Daniel Mealha Cabrita <dancab@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:14:50 -0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:15:38 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Here we do not use the standard Xen scripts for xenbr0/1/2/n creation since
I've found them a bit problematic for practical use.

Instead of that, we use our own script which brings up every interface and
bridge we want to. Also, we do not rely on eth0/1/2/n identification, but on
the mac address instead.

We have a different situation, though. Our dom0s boot from AoE, and Debian
Etch renumerates each port differenty from a boot to another (eth1 may be
eth2 after a reboot, for example).

In short, that's my suggestion: bring up your interfaces/bridges/etc with a
custom script.

If you're going to work always with bounded eth0+eth1, I suggest you to do
that in the dom0 to make things simpler for your domUs.

--
 Daniel Mealha Cabrita
 Divisao de Suporte Tecnico