[Xen-users] xm delete - Error: <Fault 3: 'machine1'>

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xm delete - Error: <Fault 3: 'machine1'>
From: Stefan Bauer <stefan.bauer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 17:10:02 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:10:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dear users,

thanks for that great piece of software.

I have to admit that i'm quite new to xen and it's tools, so it might be
a lack of knowledge which brings me to this problem:

I use Debian Etch with a AMD64 System (Intel Core 2 Duo 6550)

I decided to build the whole xen system by my own, far away from debian
repositories. So i compiled the xen 2.6.18-8-xen kernel and the xen-3.3
tools and environment.

I step in some problem which i could work out almost. One nagging thingy
remains:

If i understand correctly, xen holds a database for the virtual
machines. If i state the command xm create machine1, there will be an
entry in the database with all of the configuration options as setup in
the /etc/xen/machine1 script.

if i want to make changes in the configuration file, i would edit that
file and then remove the old settings in the database by that stanza:

xm delete machine1

that only gives me the following error:

Error: <Fault 3: 'machine1'>
Usage: xm delete <DomainName>

How can this be solved, do i miss something?

Any help is greatly appreciated

regards

Stefan Bauer