Re: [Xen-users] GPL PV drivers for Windows 0.9.11-pre12

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] GPL PV drivers for Windows 0.9.11-pre12
From: Juan Pablo Rojas Jiménez <jprojas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:52:54 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 03:53:57 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've installed GPL PV drivers in XP64 using 2k3x64 check of 0.9.11-pre13 and everything went fine (functionally)... Appart from that, the performance was actually worst than using the default qemu devices...

I've already sent a message with the config i used but, briefly: dom 0 3x500 - raid5 - lvm partitions for VM disks. 40Mb/s in dom0, 15Mb/s in xp64 domU with qemu and 4Mb/s enabling /gplpv...

Any clue?

Thanks in advance,

Juan Pablo

Ps: the domU config i use:  http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2008-08/msg00828.html

James Harper escribió:
After installation of that drivers in Windows XP localized version
(polish)
i cannot boot with /gplpv switch (bluescreen, etc, i will attach one
tommorow and provide futher details on request). Are gplpv drivers ready
be used with localized versions of windows*?

Apart from that they are working very well in win2003!

Btw, when are you going to make support for XP x64 version? It's basically
the same kernel as w2k3, but so far they aren't working in x64 xp.

There is no build environment provided in the windows DDK specifically for XP x64. I think using w2k3 is the correct thing to do. In what way isn't it working?

James