RE: [Xen-users] GPL PV drivers for Windows 0.9.11-pre12

> Good news! I've reinstalled windows 2003 ent. 32bit, .net2 and gplpv
> 0.9.11-pre13 and live migration is working. I've migrated 20 times
> without issue. Save/restore is also working. 'xm shutdown domU' still
> results in a "system recovered from unexpected shutdown" on the next
> power up even though it appears to be shutting down properly.
>
> I'm confused about the errors I was seeing last night. The only
> difference is that I had installed an earlier version of GPLPV
> (~0.9.9) then upgraded each time a new release came out. Live
> migrations often succeeded in earlier 0.9.11-pre releases so I didn't
> think there was a problem with upgrading but now I'm not so sure.

If there were any problems with the upgrade then I would have expected
to have them manifest themselves is more obvious ways than just
migration not working.

One thing I have noticed though is that windows will try and make sure
that a given device gets assigned to the same IRQ, so there could be
something different about the IRQ or the IRQL that was assigned...

I don't suppose you have a copy of the previous install still?

James