[Xen-users] Xen Networking options...

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen Networking options...
From: J Newbie <j_nwb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 22:12:52 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 22:13:32 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi all
    I have few n/w related questions.. hope some one can help clarify these.

   1. While doing Xen bridge setup, the physical network looses the ip address and mac address while the bridge gets them. Why does it need to be that way. Why cant bridge act as a dummy interface and eth0 remains unchanged.

2.   Is it possible to allow 2 vms (vm1, vm2) to use the bridge, 2 other vms (vm3 and vm4) to use NAT topology and other 2 vms (vm5 and vm6) to use Routed topology over the same physical network interface ?
   i.e can I configure physical interface to
   a. connect to the bridge
   b. Act as a NAT router
   c. Normal router
   all together ?

  What kind of setup needs to be done on dom0 and can I select the vif script via script=<full path of script name> ?

  Also, how does NAT and routed guest vm work when they get migrated ? Are these migration-friendly ?

Thanks
-nb