RE: [Xen-users] xen-friendly glibc

To: <echo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] xen-friendly glibc
From: "Geetha, ANGLER - EIT" <geetha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 11:22:33 +0530
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 22:53:15 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for your timely response Tim, It is very helpful for all
slackware xen users.

I am using slackware 12.0 and glibc version is 2.5.

I bit of scared abot this issue, but I clear now from your explanation,
but i have to disable this warning :) so i doing research on this..

Please help me..

Can you give me the url for Xen-friendly glibc for slackware?

Thanks & Regards
Sg..

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 12:27 +0530, Geetha, ANGLER - EIT wrote:
>  Thanks for your response Tim.
>
> Is there xen friendly glibc available for Slackware?

Yikes! It has been a while since I've used Slackware. What version of
libc is the guest using, exactly?

I really would not worry about the warning, unless its just something
fun for you to study and solve. Its really quite harmless.

This is really trivial. Your init is statically linked against the libc
used to when compiling it (thus making said libc a part of the program
vs using shared objects). Unless you need to reduce boot time by a few
seconds I really recommend just ignoring it.

If you have disabled tls for dynamically linked programs (as you
indicated that you have) its really a non issue.

If some threading server throws the same warning, its cause for concern
because its also likely statically linked (I doubt that you'd ever see
that).

A few of the core utilities _might_ produce that warning, don't worry
until you see some threading service issue the same.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers!
--Tim