Re: [Xen-users] xen-friendly glibc

To: "Geetha, ANGLER - EIT" <geetha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen-friendly glibc
From: Tim Post <echo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 14:39:59 +0800
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 23:41:36 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 09:19 +0530, Geetha, ANGLER - EIT wrote:

>               * WARNING: Currently emulating unsupported memory
>                 accesses **
>               * in /lib/tls glibc libraries. The emulation is **
>               * slow. To ensure full performance you should **
>               * install a 'xen-friendly' (nosegneg) version of **
>               * the library, or disable tls support by executing **
>               * the following as root: **
>               * mv /lib/tls /lib/tls.disabled **
>               * Offending process: init (pid=1) **
>
> I have rebuilt the glibc with "-mno-tls-direct-seg-refs" option and
> installed it then sysvinit, mdadm packages
>
> but still getting same warning.

This is because init was compiled and statically linked without xen
friendly libc. Its perfectly harmless and can be ignored.

If you want to make the warning go away, obtain the source to init
(sysvinit) from your distro and rebuild/install it after installing xen
friendly glibc.

Its quite harmless and really not worth fixing.

Cheers,
--Tim

--
Monkey + Typewriter = Echoreply ( http://echoreply.us )