Re: [Xen-users] Boot from OCFS2

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 16:21 +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> I think you didn't get the point what I would do exactly...
> I try to boot from a ocfs2 fs. so the whole system is on a LV which is
> formated with ocfs2. I don't know if this possible... but I need a
> clustring filesystem because I dont have isci or something else... just
> 2 boxes which access the same scsi device...

You can create a single system image (what you describe is a single
system image) however you will have to do a lot of additional
configuration.

For instance, each node that shares a single root file system will need
to have its own view of the /etc directory, its own /var/run and many
other things if introducing Xen.

This is possible with contextually dependent symbolic links (CDSLs), but
not so easy to implement. You'll also have to have to hack together an
initrd that starts networking, gets a cluster config, loads the FS
module and starts the cluster service before pivot_root can be called.
Most would just use PXE for this.

I would really recommend booting from a local disk then mounting the
cluster FS, unless you _really_ need to implement a single system image.

Regards,
--Tim