Re: [Xen-users] Solaris domU dies at boot

John Levon wrote:
On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 06:28:21PM -0500, Michael Jinks wrote:
it must be some other problem.
Oh yeah... :)

I've had several different problems at various stages.  For example,
using Nevada build 87 and Xen 3.2.0, I was able to get the install CD to

Yes, Xen 3.2.0 has a compatibility bug with Solaris.

Really? I didn't know that. Glad I sticked with RH's version of Xen :D

Michael, you might find it easier to also look at here
http://bderzhavets.blogspot.com/2008/01/install-opensolaris-snv78-domu-at.html

It's for CentOS/RHEL 5.1 x86_64, using RH's version of Xen, with a minor edit for blkif.py. It also uses a spesific version of Opensolaris (b78), but any later version should work as well.

In my setup, I've tested b75a and b79b, both worked fine. However, after the install process completed, instead of copying the updated boot-archive to dom0, I simply modify xen config file to use pygrub. Copying doesn't work because at the time the network (in my case anyway) was unusable (xnf:xnf_cksum_offload = 0 was not activated yet).

There is a bug though : everytime the solaris domU is restarted, a zombie domain appears. I was told this was fixed in recent versions of Xen, but since I only use it for testing purposes I decided to wait for RHEL 5.2.

Regards,

Fajar