Re: [Xen-users] Solaris domU dies at boot

To: Daniel Schwager <Daniel.Schwager@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Solaris domU dies at boot
From: Michael Jinks <mjinks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 17:35:29 -0500
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 May 2008 15:35:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 12:14:31AM +0200, Daniel Schwager wrote:
> Hi,
> i think you have to recompile xen3.2.1 or running solaris
> not as a HVM - Please refer to these links:
>
> http://bderzhavets.blogspot.com/2008/03/install-solaris-0108-hvm-domu-64
> -bit-at.html
>
> http://bderzhavets.blogspot.com/2008/04/install-hvm-s10-u4-domu-32-bit-a
> t-xen-3.html

Those refer to HVM domains.  Supposedly, OpenSolaris can run in PVM
mode, which is why I'm using the "i86xpv" kernel.

They also refer to an older release of OpenSolaris than the one I'm
running, which (I read) includes at least a couple of Xen-related fixes,
so I don't know how applicable any of that information will be to my
case.

I can run in HVM mode if I have to, but previous attempts to do so have
failed.  I also haven't been able to find out for sure whether HVM
domains can support pass-through of a PCI device, which is something
I'll definitely need to do, so I'm trying to get PVM working if at all
possible.

Thanks,
-m