Re: [Xen-users] Web tool for management xen DomainUs ?

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Agustín López" <Agustin.Lopez@xxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Web tool for management xen DomainUs ?
From: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 12:50:51 -0600
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 May 2008 11:51:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I don't think it's possible to boot a domU that isn't running without
contacting the dom0 in some form or another.  These two requirements are
contradictory - you've either got to allow some level of access to dom0
to boot the domU, or you have to drop the requirement of them being able
to boot the domU when it's completely shut down.

-Nick

<Agustin.Lopez@xxxxx> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Thanks for all the answers!
>
> I think of with webadmin I can not boot a DomainU down.
> The idea is give an enviroment to external admins to our organization
> acces to his virtual servers
> without phisic contact. By example if the virtual server crash, they

> must can startup his system
> without phone us :-)
>
> Boot / Perhaps BIOS access / Boot logs / ...
>
> Regards,
> Agustin
>
> xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Kayvan Sylvan escribió:
>> Yes, I know that Webmin is not for managing a virtual server, but
the
> original question was "I like to allow to several DomainUs admins to
admin
> his virtual servers with a web interface, without contact with
Domain0. This
> tool must be opensource, and allow shutdown, reboot and see the logs
with a
> web user / pw."
>>
>> Seems like a perfect match for webmin.
>>
>> If we are talking about also managing the virtual environment, then
that
> contradicts the requirement "without contact with Domain0."
>>
>> Agustin, what is it that you need to accomplish?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> ---Kayvan

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are
not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient,
please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR)
Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly
prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this
message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and
delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message
that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor
attributable to SEAKR.