Re: [Xen-users] 32-bit OS images

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] 32-bit OS images
From: Florian Manschwetus <florianmanschwetus@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 22:00:34 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:57:21 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Asim schrieb:
Hi,

I have  a naive question. People can RTFM me if they point me to an
appropriate manual.

I have a 64 bit x86_64 machine running a 32 bit Dom0. I want to
install a 32 bit DomU on top of it doing direct network access.
What is 64 bit then???? when your base system and your guest is 32 bit?
Nothing is bothered that your cpu could understand also 64bit binaries.

1. My first question is xm create requires a DomU kernel. Where do I
get one such kernel from?
just a 2.624 or 2.625 linux kernel will do this job for 32bit if
configured correctly (look in menuconfig for xen supprt).

2. I have a single network NIC, will I need separate NICs if I want to
do direct NIC access from DomU? Also, any specific differences
in xm create if I want to do direct device access.
xen normally bridges all the network stuff together, so you gets some
kind of a nice virtual switch where all is connected.

regards,
florian

Answers to either of the query will greatly help!

Regards,
Asim