Re: [Xen-users] SAR in dom0 or domU

To: "[STD]Ein" <ein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] SAR in dom0 or domU
From: "Edoardo Ceccarelli" <eddy@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:37:04 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:37:40 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references:x-google-sender-auth; bh=2iJVFtRJwSUzwK86MP5esJa5cRNyZf/ptljY5FjaQeM=; b=RDUw2zAOCE5AWuLJpUVUiwd4M8eA791fTVEM4VL9ANldWRxDJ4Q/d2OUn9sLOfcSMjjrkQ3c3YHCSeNkT7ttDHCAwa1cuJnP5idxjmGbWNDbU/YfbQHYFZvGlAcBpgmq8HMprntu42lyL2myN3BxvjNtV7ukLf+AX/daeu2MD2s=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The abstraction that Xen gives should be enough to give reliable values in certain conditions, I was wondering about disk troughput for example:
using LVM the dom0 sar shouldn't even be able to produce values cause it cannot mount the partition
on the other hand the xenU domain should give pretty reliable values... has anybody tried to compare sar results on xen?
...about cpu's, I completely agree with you