RE: Re[Xen-users] lease 0.8.7 of GPL PV drivers for Windows

To: <james.shirley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Re[Xen-users] lease 0.8.7 of GPL PV drivers for Windows
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 20:47:06 +1100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 02:47:41 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Expect the DomU to never boot again after that. Bad file corruption
will
> > happen. I'll have to revisit my fix to that problem.
>
> Yes I understand, is the network to dom0 suppose to drop out briefly
when
> installing the xennet driver?

If the xennet driver and the qemu (rtl8139) driver both load at the same
time then that happens. Not sure why... my best guess was that something
throws a fit when the same MAC address appears on two ports of the local
bridge.

> One thing when I install these drivers, I don't allow it to connect
the
> Microsoft to search for the latest versions of the drivers.. I'm
behind
> several firewalls & so arn't allow direct net access..

That shouldn't matter.

Can you specify the exact version of windows you are running, eg I'm
running Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition sp1 with all the pre-sp2
hotfixes installed.

Thanks

James