RE: Re[Xen-users] lease 0.8.7 of GPL PV drivers for Windows

To: <james.shirley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Re[Xen-users] lease 0.8.7 of GPL PV drivers for Windows
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 11:15:58 +1100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 17:16:34 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> James,
>
> After install (and before reboot i.e. no boot with /gplpv) I have the
> following files in C:\windows\system32\drivers\xen*.sys..
>
> xenaddresource.sys
> xenEnum.sys
> xenhide.sys
> xenpci.sys
> xenvbd.sys
>
> all with date 31-mar-08 (same as in 0.8.8 release)
>
> after boot with /gplpv I get a dialog box saying xennet device found
and
> installs (during which I loose all comms to dom0 (and i assume other
> domUs) which isn't good)..
>
> i now have xennet.sys
>
> And I have two c:'s and the same for the cdrom..

Expect the DomU to never boot again after that. Bad file corruption will
happen. I'll have to revisit my fix to that problem.

> Interestingly under the Device Manager &
>
> Xen PCI Device Driver is release 0.8.8
> Xen Block Device is 0.8.8
> Xen Enum Device Driver
>
> however
>
> XEN PV VBD SCSI Disk Device is 5.2.3790.0 and from Microsoft?
> similar for CDROM Device

Yes. Xenvbd provides a SCSI interface, and Microsoft provides the
drivers for the things it finds on that SCSI interface.

> similar for Xen Net Device Driver

Now that has me puzzled... can you tell me more?

James