Re: [Xen-users] Changing MTU of vif

Phillip Bennett wrote:
I see your problem. I had the impression you were exporting the hardware to the DomU. (I guess that's what I am going to do, I just assumed) I guess actually finding the interface you need would be a lot harder.. I haven't had to do this, so can't offer anything useful.

Actually, it shouldn't be hard at all if I could just get my trivial change to vif-bridge to work:

case "$command" in
    online)
        setup_bridge_port "$vif"
        add_to_bridge "$bridge" "$vif"
        if [ ${bridge} = "stbr0" ]; then
            ip link set ${dev} mtu 9000
        fi

That should set the mtu on the vif being connected to my SAN bridge when the domain is created. But for some reason this seems to hang.

That sounds like a sweet setup! Do you think it's faster than the Coraid units then? How is it pricewise? (I'm guessing it's a LOT cheaper...)

I don't know if it is any faster since I use nearly identical hardware: Same mobo, chassis, cpu, etc. Main different is the RAID controller. It is quite a bit cheaper. But the main reason I like it is that it runs Linux so I can use Linux's LVM to slice the disk however I want. Coraids volume management is a bit crude.

Fair enough. I'd say I'm faily experienced... Hopefully enough to get it up and running satisfactorily. :)

Cool. Keep an eye on xenaoe.org as I am writing up a detailed howto and will be opening up all of my code in svn soon. Yesterday I added a HOWTO build your own zero single point of failure cluster which so far includes a parts/price list.