Re: [Xen-users] paravirtualised gentoo on Fedora Core 7

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] paravirtualised gentoo on Fedora Core 7
From: andris@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 21:23:13 +0300
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:23:20 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tank you for answer,

I got some basic understanding...

Yes indeed I hadn't compiled a framebuffer support into my gentoo kernel.
I added xen fb an console fb support and modified grub with
video=vesafb:ywrap,mtrr:0 vga=0x311  (nothing know about mttr value :) )

Now I am able to get vnc  screen at boot startup, but just till "Freeing unused
kernel memory" line, further nothing... console hangs. At the same time DomU is
still alive and booted. I can ssh into it. Something missed to add to kernel?

andris