Re: [Xen-users] Windows Server 2003 and multiple processors

To: Jason Solan <jsolan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Windows Server 2003 and multiple processors
From: Martin Goldstone <m.j.goldstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:44:32 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 05:42:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Under Xen 3.1, I'm able to use the ACPI Multiprocessor HAL (and the
uniprocessor one as well, when I only need 1 VCPU) or both 32 bit and 64
bit Windows.  Under 3.0.4, I'm pretty sure I was only able to use the
MPS Multiprocessor and uniprocessor HALs, along with the Standard PC HAL
(although I had to play with various settings), but not any ACPI HALs.
Sadly I can't remember if this was with 32 bit or 64 bit Windows.

If you need/want multiprocessor capabilities, I really do suggest
upgrading to Xen 3.1.

Mart