[Xen-users] amd64 system only seeing 3.5gb instead of 4gb of memory

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] amd64 system only seeing 3.5gb instead of 4gb of memory
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:38:24 +1000
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 22:36:34 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've just had a server upgraded to 4gb of memory... BIOS reports 4gb of
memory but xen only sees 3.5gb (3583mb)

I was under the impression that an amd64 server should be able to see
well over 4gb of memory. I believe that PCI space and other stuff gets
mapped to the very top of memory... is there some setting somewhere that
I might need to set to get that .5gb mapped to somewhere visible?

Thanks

James