RE: [Xen-users] kernel panic when creating domainU

To: "Dominik Klein" <dk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] kernel panic when creating domainU
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:26:02 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 03:26:41 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, in this particular case it looks like the Dom0 initrd is trying to
set up LVM, which is (from how the log appears) isn't available to DomU.

If you have an "uncomplicated" system, it's quite possible to have a
"merged" Dom0/DomU initrd, but as soon as you have something a bit more
complex (e.g. using LVM), it starts to be complicated to make the initrd
work on both DomU and Dom0 at the same time.

Of course, there's also the drawback that you load drivers that aren't
needed for "the other side", but that's a smaller issue than the fact
that the initrd just plain doesn't work right for the two domains if
they are not "similar enough".

--
Mats