Re: [Xen-users] LVM or file storage?

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] LVM or file storage?
From: Michael Watters <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 08:45:34 -0500
Cc: Ulrich Windl <ulrich.windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 05:52:24 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Petersson, Mats wrote:
Sounds like a bug in the file-system - surely the content of "not yet
used" sections of a sparse file should return zero's (or some otherwise
defined data)...
--
Mats
It has to do with how NetBSD handles vnd devices, I was trying to set up some guest domains and newfs/mke2fs would error out trying to format the device. I also had problems using templates that I created on a CentOS box. It's not really a big deal, it just takes slightly longer to create a non-sparse file. Most likely it will be different in the next release, they'll also have full support for Xen 3.

I still wish LVM would get ported to BSD, then I wouldn't have to worry about it.