Re: [Xen-users] Setting up a "dumb" network for domU's

Hello,

Have a look at XenNetworking :
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking

For every VM xen creates vif<domain_id>.<interface_number> on Dom0 , you
can make a bridge with your vif's interfaces without adding your eth0
(the real one) to it .. so you have a private networking between your
VMs.

If you want to add your Dom0 to the thing, have a loop in the netloop
kernel module (loaded by xend by default). It will create a veth0 <->
vif0.0 / veth1 <-> vif0.1 <and so on> pairs, so you can add vif0.0 to
the bridge earlier mentioned and use veth0 in your Dom0.

It takes a while to understand how the whole thing works, but still it
worth ;)

[]'s

Theo