[Xen-users] Re: Need clarifications: Xen and winXP HVM: pci direct acces

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Need clarifications: Xen and winXP HVM: pci direct access, USB, desktop resolution
From: Andrey Khavryuchenko <akhavr@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 19:27:55 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 01:59:06 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Petersson,,

"PM" == Petersson, Mats wrote:

> [...]
 k> Thanks Mats, so I have to wait new versions before
 >> considering Xen as
 k> an open-source alternative to VMware's like tools. But
 >> will it still
 k> be Open Source ?

 >> Why do not use qemu, which is an open source and runs windows
 >> w/o (almost)
 >> any issues?

 PM> But can you access "real" hardware from QEMU? Seeing as this is the
 PM> original poster's complaint, I'd say that's an important feature... ;-)

Ok, you've got me, I just skimmed over the original complaint :)  Besides,
being a seasoned hacker, it's just a matter of time to get qemu to use real
hardware.

Actually, I have no experience in accessing real hardware from qemu.  We
use it mostly for testing different kernels, system-wide modifications and
checking pages under IE :)

--
Andrey V Khavryuchenko
Software Development Company http://www.kds.com.ua/