[Xen-users] xen with madwifi

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xen with madwifi
From: "Jan Bernatik" <jan.bernatik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:42:33 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 01:58:22 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi all,

I am new to Xen. I tried to install it from binary, which worked well.
I need to have my atheros card woking in domain 0, so I decided to
install it from sources, to get Linux kernel patched by xen patches,
wchich I could use to compile madwifi drivers.

So I did.

I donloaded sources for xen 3.0.3, run make world, it donloaded needed
2.6.16.29 vanilla kernel from kernel.org, patched it, compilation went
well. I installed it, booted it, everything ok.

But when I tried to compile madwifi-old sources, I realized that there
is no linux-2.6.16.29-xen/arch/xen directory, so obviously command
"make ARCH=xen KERNELPATH=path_to_xen_linux_kernel" doesn't work as
expected.

I saw some posts saying that madwifi is working with xen, so I am
curious what am I doing wrong.

thanks, have a nice day

J.

please CC: me, I am not on the list