Re: [Xen-users] XEN HVM server without X

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 17:09 -0400, James Oakley wrote:
> On Friday 03 November 2006 4:40 pm, Peter Braun wrote:
> > The proposal is to install w2k3 server into one domain.
> > Installation ISO is already on the server.
> > How to install it?
>
> Set 'vnc = 1' in your domain's config file and use vncviewer to connect to it.

I've been hunting for a nice java based VNC client that could use some
kind of proxy to connect to the local VNC port and pass the console to
the web via https, while closing off the VNC ports to all but
connections from localhost.

Its ideally small, so a few sessions could be supported from a sparse
dom-0.

I've spent great lengths of time trying to find something GPL that would
do this, or be a good building block to start from but haven't found
much that fits all of the needs, or I've overlooked something because
I'm not very good with Java.

The final outcome would be VNC is closed to the outside, and available
only via java applet accessed via https. This could also be used to more
securely extend a dom-u console too.

Anyone else doing this, or know of a good start for something like it?
I'd be willing to hire some java pros to make it work then release it as
public domain finances permitting :)

Adderlink, the IP-KVM people use small memory model systems to
accomplish (almost) the same thing which support multiple sessions
nicely. I'm just not quite sure how they manage it :)

Thanks in advance!

Best,
-Tim