Re: [Xen-users] randomness entropy in DomU

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] randomness entropy in DomU
From: Robert Welz <welz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 13:28:47 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 05:04:53 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Q: What would happen, if I buy an external random number generator?
There are USB and PCI devices on the market which start at 200 EUR. But
I can use such a device in only one domain? The other domains won't
profit from the extra entropy?

Or can I mount /dev/random over nfs for all other domains? Would that
work? I would feed one domU with the external generator and use
/dev/random in all other domU's over nfs on the same machine...

Any ideas/comments welcome.

Greetings,
Robert