[Xen-users] randomness entropy in DomU

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] randomness entropy in DomU
From: Robert Welz <welz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 03:07:58 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 18:09:00 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello.
I was just digging around in the net and found the thread
http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/5/12/103

So my questions: Are there any (good) news concerning the implementation
of /dev/random in the kernel?

I just cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail
and saw I have about 250 in the DomU's and 3500 on Dom0. I haven't even
started to implement encryption for the different kind of services I use
on the DomUs and I have no hw_random.

Any ideas/comments would be helpful on this matter, since I want to go
online with my PKI in the next 4 weeks.

Greetings,
Robert