[Xen-users] DomU with modules?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] DomU with modules?
From: Sven Köhler <skoehler@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:50:06 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 06:51:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

i'm about to play with Xen to get some experience. Then i'd like to use
it on some kind of production machine. But i have a very basic question
on how you people out there solve the following:

1. do you always compile seperate kernels for Dom0 and DomU? What's the
advantage?
2. I would like to compile the kernel for DomU with module support. The
problem is, of course, that the Guest OS does not have access to the
module files which lie in the FS of the Dom0 somewhere. So how can i
easily access the module files from the DomU? (i don't want to copy them
to the DomU's FS - and Xen doesn't hook into the moudule-loading
mechanism, to load the files from the Dom0's FS, does it?)
3. Is there some way to access files of Dom0 within the DomUs? Is there
some other way then NFS to do this?
4. any other tips you have?

Thanks,
  Sven