Re: [Xen-users] Full Virtualization: linux in linux?

To: "Alex Iribarren" <Alex.Iribarren@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Full Virtualization: linux in linux?
From: "Henning Sprang" <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:50:37 +0200
Cc: Steven Smith <sos22-xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sos22@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 02:51:23 -0700
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=G68oIvL5NvR/CiQTOs3lDwtMXbKlazQVuu0y6qFe2KDR/JwsCDc+YBOXeUO8iyXU3Sh27a46H8C6bR+W1hp5FYCCQhbFun+Z8riJyvYBXsEWczISoneVyvaa41Y6YUXxonvsi7ATKw27FKA7hllwHEBDuimPwjzi9XVquR29CzU=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 8/16/06, Steven Smith <sos22-xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm doing some tests of Xen with the latest Intel processors and I'd
> like to run an unmodified linux inside a virtual machine. If possible,
> I'd like to be able to install this OS (a version of Scientific Linux,
> in case you're interested) from our PXE servers, but I can also install
> it from a DVD image.
DVD is likely to be much easier at the moment.

I just tried PXE booting with hvm on xen-testing some days ago and it
didn't work out with etherboot images - see the message about that in
xen-devel.
It might work better with xen stable or unstable.

Alexe: Ben Thomas sent me some more info how he did id, but I didn't
try yet, it involves using unstable, which I am a bit hestitating to
do. I can forward the info to you if you are interested.

Henning