[Xen-users] Xen 3.0.2 and Linux kernel 2.6.17

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.2 and Linux kernel 2.6.17
From: Thomas Karsten <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:19:00 +0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 02:20:13 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hallo,

I would like to use the Linux kernel 2.6.17.8 for Xen instead of the
Linux kernel 2.6.16.

I googled for this and I found that Fedora provides a Xen kernel 2.6.17.
However, I tried to patch and to compile the kernel on my own, but I got
several errors. I also checked out the latest version of Xen
(xen-unstable) and it still seems to expect kernel 2.6.16 (since
LINUX_VER in buildconfigs/mk.linux-2.6-xen is still set to 2.6.16).

Is it possible to use the Linux kernel 2.6.17 instead of Linux kernel
2.6.16 for Xen yet? If so, besides the version number in
buildconfigs/mk.linux-2.6-xen, what else do I have to change to make it
work?

Thanks,
Thomas