Re: [Xen-users] Simple networking problem - DNS

To: Jerry Amundson <jerry@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Simple networking problem - DNS
From: Julius Spencer <julius@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 09:09:26 +1200
Cc: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 14:10:10 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have gotten a bit further with this (although not far) I basically set up dnsmasq and opened port 53 on the dom0.

Trouble is that this means I have to open outbound ports for most outbound services I want to use (mail etc.).

It appears to be like dom0 is acting as a router/firewall for the domUs but it's actually stopping some outbound traffic from the domUs. I guess I could add into iptables config allow all from the domUs but that isn't ideal.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Julius.

CentOS - iptables