[Xen-users] Suse 10.1 Virtual Machine Management

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Suse 10.1 Virtual Machine Management
From: "Bernard Golden" <bgolden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 16:47:37 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 16:48:18 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to install new domu via Yast Virtual Machine Management. I choose "Run an OS installation program" to get the guest Suse 10.1 installed. It lists the installation device as CD/DVD (/dev/hdc). I have Disk 1 of Suse 10.1 in CD, but get an error in "preparing installation of the virtual machine" listing "Failed to extract the kernel from the installation source."

I also have .iso files on hard drive. I attempt to point virtual machine installation there. An error comes back "Failed to extract the kernel from the installation source. Please check that your installation source is accessible."

Can anyone give me a pointer toward what I need to do to take advantage of the Suse VMM install?

Bernard Golden
Chief Executive Officer, Navica
www.navicasoft.com
Author, "Succeeding with Open Source," Addison-Wesley, 2005
(T) 650 585 5309 (C) 650 400 3204 (F) 650 591 3805
Sign up for Navica's monthly open source newsletter
Read my open source blog for CIO Magazine