[Xen-users] mac spoofing

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] mac spoofing
From: "Heiko.Garrelfs" <Heiko.Garrelfs@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 20:51:28 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 May 2006 02:49:49 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

 I have the following Problem:

My Rootserver stands at a hoster ( german 1und1 ), I run a debian sarge
and installed Xen 3 there latetly.
I booted the xen Kernel - everything ok.
However: when I started xend, the server instantly stopped responding.
My Hosters Support said, that was due to a sort of mac spoofing
protection in the switch, which disabled the Port, to which my server is
connected, because there arrived an unknown Mac Address from my Server
at the switchport.

( btw: at that point,  I had not configured any domU's )

>From the Xen Docs I understand that the bridge gets the mac from eth0
which is then diabled.

So - I dont understand where the 'spoofed' Mac is coming from - at least
as long I have no domU running.

I am clueless.

( I dont want to use NAT: I have two IPs ( only one NIC )for the Server
and want the dom0 and one domU to run on one IP each. )

Tia