[Xen-users] Vanderpool Hardware Question

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Vanderpool Hardware Question
From: Goran <xamiw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:34:59 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:35:42 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all!

I've used xen for a while and now I want to use this obscure Intel
technology called Vanderpool.

If is correct what I've heard and read then Xen 3.0 should virtualize
any x86 OS without modification. But if so I have some question...

A. Based on the information in the german Wikipedia
(
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanderpool#Prozessoren_mit_Vanderpool-Unterst.C3.BCtzung
 ) I want to buy a Pentium D 920.

    Is this a "good" cpu for using Vanderpool with Xen?

B. If I obtain a Pentium D 920...

    Do I need a Mainboard with special chipset?

C. I know that I can't assign one ore more graphicadapters to a domU
with paravirtualisation. But...

    Is it possible to assign one ore more graphicadapters to one
guestmaschine in Xen 3.0 with a Vanderpool capable machine?

I hope the questions are clear enough. If not just ask...

Bye

Goran