Re: [Xen-users] Running other distros as domu under FC5/Xen 3.x

To: Srinivasan S <ssrini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Running other distros as domu under FC5/Xen 3.x
From: Andrew Thompson <andrewkt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:21:35 +0000
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 05:22:18 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 06:06:29PM +0800, Srinivasan S wrote:
> On running /usr/sbin/xm create -c /etc/xen/suseguest I get a number of errors
> on module load that modules.dep file is not found etc .. however the boot
> process continues uninterrupted and Iam finally provided the terminal login
> prompt.  After logging in, however an ifconfig reveals that the virtual if
> 192.168.2.2 is not setup .. only loopback is enabled (127.x.x.x) ..

Log into your new guest and run depmod -a, that should create any needed files.
(You might need to create a /lib/modules/your_kernel_version folder, but run
depmod first just to check.)

The unixshell VM I have and all of the VMs I run at home have the IP configured
internally to the VM. I have no idea what the vif line for my unixshell account
looks like, but my home machines just have vif = [ '' ]

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/