[Xen-users] xm list not correctly showing dom0 memory allocation

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] xm list not correctly showing dom0 memory allocation
From: "Krysan, Susan" <KRYSANS@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:47:35 -0500
Cc: "Lombardo, Michael O" <Michael.Lombardo@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Subrahmanian, Raj" <raj.subrahmanian@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Vessey, Bruce A" <Bruce.Vessey@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Puthiyaparambil, Aravindh" <aravindh.puthiyaparambil@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Carb, Brian A" <Brian.Carb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 22:48:36 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am running xen (changeset 9029 on SLES10 beta 6) on x86_64 with 8 procs and 8
GB memory.  When I issue an xm mem-set command to give dom0 9216 MB, which is
greater than the 8 GB on the box, xentop shows that almost all of the 8 GB of
memory, except 136 MB, gets assigned to dom0, which is what I would expect.
However, xm list command shows that dom0 has 9216 MB assigned.

Has anyone else encountered this?

> Sue Krysan
> Linux Systems Group
> Unisys Corporation