Re: [Xen-users] Bridging and VLANs 802.1Q trunk

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 5:38 pm, Brian Wong wrote:
> This doesnt seem to work because the script brings down the 'netdev'
> and when that device is 'eth0.X' where X is the vlan, it totally
> removes it. Then the script later tries to rename it to peth0.X but
> the 'eth0.X' no longer exists.

i believe (can be wrong) that the xen scripts have two main parts: one for
initial setup, and one for adding each domU to the right bridges.

try to totally disable the initial setup script.  don't let it confuse
anything.  then write your own script that sets all the VLAN devices, and all
needed bridges.  try to make it set all you need, ready to receive the domU's
vifs.  then the second part of the Xen scripts should work with little or no
modifications.

after you get it working, it might be wise to add some of the usual xen
renaming scheme to your initial script, and replace the Xen provided with
yours.

--
Javier