Re: [Xen-users] xen with window managers

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen with window managers
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 16:45:55 +0000
Cc: BugOne S <bugone82@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 16:58:52 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Anyone could explain me how can i obtain the 1st screenshot configuration?
>
> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/screenshots/
>
> where have i to install vnc server and where viewer?...
> where is running kde and gnome?

Install the VNC server in the domU and run it.  We set it up to start at boot
time, but you can equally just xm console to the domain and start it
manually.

Run a VNC client in dom0 to connect to it.  You'll get the domU's desktop
appearing in a window.

In the screenshot you're looking at, the outermost KDE is running in dom0
(which controls the screen).  The "Remote Desktop Connection" windows are
connected to the VNC servers running in the 4 domUs.

I used the KDE Remote Desktop Client for that screenshot, because it can do
live rescaling of the remote desktop (which I needed to make all the windows
fit in one screenshot!!!)

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.