Re: [Xen-users] Upgrading to Xen 3 on Fedora Core 4

Hi All,
  The problem I've been having it explained on this site:-
http://www.option-c.com/xwiki/Xen_Errors#Kernel_panic:_VFS:_Unable_to_mount_root_fs_on_unknown-block.282.2C0.29
  I've now rebuilt the kernel including the SCSI support. Looking at my
fedora kernel boot it's using the aacraid SCSI driver. I selected that
driver as an option when I built the xen kernel.
If I reboot with Xen I still get the same error. So I tried making an
initrd:-
mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.6.12.6-xen0.img 2.6.12.6-xen0
I get the error:-
No module aacraid found for kernel 2.6.12.6-xen0, aborting.
So I copied over the SCSI drivers folder from the /lib/modules fedora
kernel, then mkinitrd worked. I updated grub.conf, rebooted.
Finally Xen booted! I tried booting again without the initrd image and I got
the error again.

Should I have copied the aacriad module somewhere before I built the kernel?
It seems like it won't load it witout the image.

At least now I've got something I can play around with.

I've included the error message below so that people can find this post with
google if they experience the same problems.
Root-NFS: No NFS server available, giving up.
VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
VFS: Cannot open root device "sda9" or unknown-block(2,0)
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(2,0)
Lyle

Lyle Hopkins          - CosmicPerl.com CGI Scripts -
Internet software solutions for the professional webmaster
Email: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site: http://www.cosmicperl.com
Specializing in Affiliate Software solutions