Re: [Xen-users] Intel shipping hardware VM CPU's already... more comingD

To: Daniel Goertzen <daniel.goertzen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Intel shipping hardware VM CPU's already... more comingDecember 27 2005 65nm
From: Taneli Leppä <taneli@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:58:00 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:01:16 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Daniel Goertzen wrote:
My dream desktop will run xen with a linux dom0 for all the network and
storage goodness, and WindowsXP in a domU so I can play all my games.  As I
understand it, a few things need to happen:
[...]
Even with xen drivers in Windows, I wonder how much slower disk access will
be.  Some games already take a really long time to load, and I wouldn't
tolerate a big increase.

Just exactly what does Xen has to with gaming? It's obviously
meant for servers - which is exactly where the development effort
should be focused.

Try VMWare or Wine, those are more desktop-oriented (though the latter
isn't exactly a virtualization system).

--
  Taneli Leppä         | Crasman Co Ltd
  <taneli@xxxxxxxxxx>  | <http://www.crasman.fi/>