RE: [Xen-users] Xen on IBM BladeServers

To: "Colin Coe" <CCoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Todd Foster" <toddf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen on IBM BladeServers
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 04:21:15 -0000
Cc: ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 04:23:28 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> My test node hangs on boot up after install the Xen 3
> binaries (not the RPMs).  Screen shot attached.  These are
> the EM64T based blades.

Which particular model is this? I'm sure some of the IBM folks on the
list will be keen to investigate.

You might like to try adding acpi=off to the xen command line (as
opposed to the linux one), or try maxcpus=1 on the linux command line.
Also, you might want to check for a bios update.

Ian