RE: [Xen-users] Xen on IBM BladeServers

To: "Todd Foster" <toddf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Colin Coe" <CCoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen on IBM BladeServers
From: "Jamie Moore" <jmoore@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:08:09 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 00:10:21 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Todd,

I would love to know how you got X running there. I tried and course it
failed when it couldn't locate the display. I also tried using freenx
which I can run fine on the host, but when I run it in the guest I get a
permission (show in the client but actually from SSH/freenx) telling me
that in the guest it could not create a temp file /tmp. Of course it is
not a normal permission problem since there are clearly sufficient
rights, so it must be something else.

BTW both the host and guest are RHEL AS 4 Update 2 (the host is running
in a VMware)

Here is the NoMachine client output:

NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 6036
NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
NX> 200 Connected to address: 192.168.0.21 on port: 22
NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
HELLO NXSERVER - Version 1.4.0-44 OS (GPL)
NX> 105 hello NXCLIENT - Version 1.5.0
NX> 134 Accepted protocol: 1.5.0
NX> 105 SET SHELL_MODE SHELL
NX> 105 SET AUTH_MODE PASSWORD
NX> 105 login
NX> 101 User: root
NX> 102 Password:
NX> 103 Welcome to: demo.localdomain user: root
NX> 105 listsession --user="root" --status="suspended,running"
--geometry="1280x1024x16+render" --type="unix-kde"
mktemp: cannot create temp file /tmp/nxserver_tmp.nhHqc3592: Permission
denied
Killed by signal 15.

Thoughts?

Regards,