[Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-users] xm create of a VMX fails - qemu-dm gets SIGS

To: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-users] xm create of a VMX fails - qemu-dm gets SIGSEGV
From: Steve Dobbelstein <steved@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:17:32 -0600
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Yu, Ping Y" <ping.y.yu@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 21:17:54 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 12/01/2005 02:59:48 PM:

> > Thanks!  The patch gets my VMX domain to start booting.  Now
> > I have to figure out why it is running so
> > s-----l-----o-----w-----l-----y.
>
> Odd. I wander if one of the recent VT patches to change the interrupt
> service order has broken things?
>
> I'm sure the Intel guys will be all over this :-)
>
> Ian

Found the problem.  The X server on my dom0 was hogging the CPU leaving
very little for the domU.  I had switched to runlevel 5 so that I could get
VNC to work.  I booted into run level 3 and changed the config file for the
VMX domain to use serial instead of VNC.  I am now happily running tests in
the VMX domain.

Steve D.