Re: [Xen-users] Xen + Nvidia drivers

To: "Waeyenbergh, Sven" <Sven.Waeyenbergh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen + Nvidia drivers
From: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:36:14 -0600
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:36:24 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Waeyenbergh, Sven wrote:

Anthony,

that's weird, i did compile my own (xen 2 based) dom0 kernel from source,
then proceeded in installing the nvidia drivers (using the .sh script they
provide)
Obviously, no pre-made kernel modules were available,
but the script was able to compile its own module (with the correct links in
/usr/src).
The kernel module uses a binary layer with some open source code that uses the binary layer. This allows them to not have to recompile the binary layer for every tiny driver change.

I can't say i've used the graphic features of this system much (it's my server),
but i did not hit any issues with this, works like a breeze.
It's likely that you're not actually using the module. Check lsmod and see what the ref count is.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Ban