[Xen-users] Kernel build help

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Kernel build help
From: "Mark Olliver" <mpo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 16:50:55 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:49:05 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am using centos4 and am trying to build a source kernel dom0 with xen.

I cloned a copy of the xen repository and did the following
hg clone http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-2.0.hg
cd xen-2.0.hg/xen
make dist
cd linux-2.6.11-xen0
make ARCH=xen oldconfig
make modules
make modules_install
make install

After which point I get the following error :
  CC      drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.o
drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c: In function `balloon_process':
drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c:218: error: `phys_to_machine_mapping' undeclared
(first use in this function)
drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c:218: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c:218: error: for each function it appears in.)
drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c:218: error: `INVALID_P2M_ENTRY' undeclared
(first use in this function)
drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c:261: warning: implicit declaration of function
`scrub_pages'
drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c:283: warning: implicit declaration of function
`mfn_to_pfn'
make[3]: *** [drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/xen/balloon] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers/xen] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

Does anyone know what caused this error?

I need to try and build this kernel and get it to boot, I think I also need to
build an initrd image. I am doing this correctly or does anyone have any
different instructions on how to do this?

I am doing this as once I have this working I intend to patch this kernel with
drbd and then patch a sub kernel with abi-sco to allow other program I use to
work however, currently I am just trying to get the base system to work
correctly.

Thanks

Mark

Mark Olliver BSc (Hons) MBCS