Re: [Xen-users] Debian Packages for 2.06

To: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Xen <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Debian Packages for 2.06
From: Yvette Chanco <yentlsoup@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:05:56 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:04:57 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Much as I support the creation of the Debian packages, I can't claim any
> credit -- you must be thinking of someone else.
>
> A number of different people have created debian packages at various
> points in time, and it would be great if we could have a (small) set of
> people that we could work closely with to ensure that the best possible
> Xen packages are available and maintained. Having >1 than one person
> would hopefully ensure continuity etc.
> Any volunteers?
>
> Ian
>

> Much as I support the creation of the Debian packages, I can't claim any
> credit -- you must be thinking of someone else.
>
> A number of different people have created debian packages at various
> points in time, and it would be great if we could have a (small) set of
> people that we could work closely with to ensure that the best possible
> Xen packages are available and maintained. Having >1 than one person
> would hopefully ensure continuity etc.
> Any volunteers?
>
> Ian

I'm not a debian package maintainer, but I have created debian
packages of 2.0.6 for internal use (they are still being tested, but
here's the link - http://www.option-c.com/debian/pool/main/x/xen/).
They deviate somewhat from the original packages that Adam Heath
created, but that can be changed, and I'd be more than willing to help
out so that we could have a consistent and current set available.

-Yvette Chanco
www.option-c.com