RE: [Xen-users] Problems starting xend

To: "aq" <aquynh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Problems starting xend
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:49:34 +0100
Cc: Stewart Outram <stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Xen User List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 07:49:22 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> indeed, just checked out and the reason is pretty simple ;-)
>
> - python 2.3 doesnt complain if dircache.listdir() execute on
> non-existent directory.
> - python 2.4 spit out an error and stop on the same situation.
>
> now the problem is how to fix it. i propose checking for and
> make necessary directories from Makefile, and that is clean
> enough. any comment, Ian?

Thanks for investigating.

Having empty directories under /var in an install tar ball doesn't seem
the right soloution. We could fix it in install.sh, but by far the best
soloution would be to create the directories from within xend. Let's
catch the exception from listdir and create the directory.

Best,
Ian