Re: [Xen-users] Xen 2.0.6 released!

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 2.0.6 released!
From: Fraser Campbell <fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 15:42:04 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 May 2005 19:41:28 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On May 22, 2005 12:55 pm, Ian Pratt wrote:

> performance (including SMP guest support). Other ports such as x86_64
> and x86 >8GB support will not have the same level of maturity, but
> hopefully this will be achieved through extensive testing and continuing
> development over the coming weeks.

I had thought that 32bit Xen would only support 4GB of RAM, this announcement
makes it appear that >8GB will be supported even on 32bit.

Our domains routinely require 1-2GB of RAM so current 4GB limitation borders
on a showstopper. Fantastic news if my interpretation is correct!

Great work
--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@xxxxxxxxxx>                 http://www.wehave.net/